Our Favourite Family Sauce
Introducing you to the simplest, healthiest and most versatile Chinese sauce for your kitchen - using only four ingredients! This sauce is packed with great nutritional, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits. It's our favourite go to sauce at home as it transforms simple dishes into very tasty dishes in only five minutes.
- 3 stalks of shallots, finely sliced
- 1.5 tbsp freshly grated, peeled ginger
- 1 tsp Himalayian Salt, and more to taste
- 1/4 cup of light flavoured extra virgin olive oil (or neutral flavoured oil)
- Mix shallots, ginger and salt in a bowl. Heat up oil in saucepan until hot (90°C - 100°C), and then pour it over the bowl mixture, the sizzling sounds are a sign of the hot oil cooking the ginger and shallot mixture.
- Set aside to cool before serving. Sauce will keep for 2-3 weeks in a jar when stored it in the fridge.
- Add sauce over dish after steaming / poaching / pan searing eg. chicken, fish, seafood, vegetables, etc
- Add to steamed rice/fried rice
- Add to plain noodles/cold noodles.
- Use as a dipping sauce for Golden Pig & Co potstickers.